Apple has this morning added a new iPod touch to its online store that get rids of the rear-facing iSight camera in an effort to be cheaper. The device also has just 16GB of internal storage — half that of the regular iPod touch — but it is only RM799. Rm250 cheaper. The new model also comes in just one color — grey with a black front — and it doesn’t include the lanyard that comes with the regular model. Aside from those changes, the cheaper iPod touch is identical to its siblings; it has a 4-inch Retina display, a dual-core A5 processor, and a front-facing FaceTime HD camera for video calling and taking selfies. It also comes in the same 0.24-inch thick aluminum shell, and includes a pair or EarPods. You can pick it up at an Apple retail store starting tomorrow, May 31 or order online.
Check out the online store here.
The Apple iPhone 5 event was packed with juicy stuffs and we are sure Apple fans will be very happy with the new iPhone 5. Yes, the iPhone 5 is announced together with lots of other stuffs. Although most of the things announced about the iPhone 5 was leaked in a way or another, this is still very exciting. Here is a highlights and list of info round up you want to know.
Here’s everything that Apple announced at today’s keynote:
- New4-inch 326ppi Retina display, with 1136×640 resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio
- Same width, but slightly taller
- A6 CPU is 2x faster than iPhone 4S A5 CPU
- New 8-pin Lightning sync-cable replaces old 30-pin connector
- LTE, HSPA+, and DC-HSDPA cellular data and 802.11 a/b/g/n Wifi
- Battery life has been improved to 8 hours of 3G/LTE talk time
- Camera has been upgraded to 8 megapixel sensor, with hybrid IR filter, five element lens, and f/2.4 aperture
- Panorama feature can create 28megapixel photos
- Screen has 44% more color saturation and improved integrated touch sensors
- Three new microphones on the iPhone 5 and Enhanced Audio
- It’s 7.6mm thin which is 18% thinner than the iPhone 4S
- At 112 grams it’s also 20% lighter than iPhone 4S
- Comes in black and white at 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB
- Price is the same as iPhone 4S when it is first announced (expected to be RM2199)
- Pre-orders start September 14th, and ship on September 21st (Singapore will be getting it on 21st September, expect Malaysia to get it on October 2012)
- New 8-pin Lightning sync-cable replaces old 30-pin connector
- 80% smaller than the old iPod cables
- Improved durability
- An adapter will be available so you can still use old accessories with the iPhone 5
- iPod Nano has been redesigned with a 2.5inch display
- iPod Nano now has Bluetooth, Lightning port, widescreen video, and longer battery life
- Lightning port and FM Tuner integrated to iPod Nano and it comes in 7 different colors
- New iPod Touch now comes with same 4inch display as the iPhone 5, an A5 processor, and Lightning port.
- iPod Touch battery life last 40 hours, and it’s got the same iPhone 5 iSight camera, and is only 6.1mm thin
- There’s a new iPod Touch Loop accessory so you can wrap it around your wrist and not drop it
- Siri and AirPlay mirroring comes to the iPod Touch now, along with improvements for wireless across the board
- Siri is now available on the iPod Touch
- 2GB iPod Shuffle, RM169, 16GB iPod Nano, RM529, and new 32GB iPod Touch, RM1049 , 64GB version for RM1399, available in October.
- Apple spent 3-years designing new headphones they’re calling EarPods
- The EarPods are supposed to fit almost everyone’s ear and direct sound into the eardrum
- They have the same inline mic and volume control point
- They will be included with iPhone 5, iPod Touch and iPod and are available now.
- iTunes for Mac has iCloud built-in
- New edge to edge design features an album view that expands when you click on individual albums
- Split screen view lets you browse your full library will adding songs to a playlist
- Select “play next” to add songs to the new “Up Next” queue feature
- Search has been improved for inline viewing
- iTunes for iOS has been redesigned, runs across all stores, books, music and video.
- iTunes for Mac store now looks similar to iOS counterpart
- Facebook likes integrated into every entry
- Available in late October
- Maps search engine now finds points of interest and has 3D flyover views of cities
- From Notification Center you can tap to Tweet or Post to Facebook
- Safari now has fullscreen mode so it can use the entire display
- PhotoStream lets users share photos, like, and comment on them, but it’s not integrated with Facebook
- Siri has been upgraded to know more about sports, movies, restaurant reviews, Facebook integration, etc.
- Apps not optimized for 16:9 aspect ratio are centered with black bars so they work as intended
- Release date – September 19th (So everyone iDevices, get updated soon!!)
- 83 million people visit the Apple store every quarter.
- 7 Million copies of Mountain Lion have been downloaded so far
- Apple is No. 1 in U.S. market share for notebooks for last three months
- 17 million iPads were sold between April and June
- The iPad commands 68% of the tablet market share, but 91% of all tablet web traffic
- 350 million iPods have been sold to date
- Apple has sold 600 million earbuds over the years
- Along with 380 retail stores, Apple opened up a new store in Barcelona. It’s awesome and has gorgeous limestone.
- iPhone 4 (8GB) should be priced at RM1199 contract free
- iPhone 4S (16GB) should be RM1799 contract free
- iPhone 3GS is no longer for sale, goodbye!
So will you get the new iPhone 5? or any of the gorgeous iPods? I am so very tempted!
One of the unfortunate byproducts of owning an iOS device is that your Home button can become a little sluggish over time. When you get your new iPhone or iPad and use it initially, the Home button works smoothly, but it can eventually become less responsive. This is a big problem to most of the iOS device users and to be frank, it is very annoying.
Fortunately, there’s a subtle trick in iOS for recalibrating your Home button. After performing this tip on your personal iOS device, you should notice that your Home button is considerably more responsive when you’re navigating throughout iOS.
iDownloadBlog passes on an incredibly helpful tip that many probably don’t know about. It’s actually a very simple process to recalibrate your Home button; simply open a stock iOS app (Weather, Stocks, Clock, etc.). Once the app is open, press your iPhone’s power button until the ‘slide to power off’ screen appears. From that screen, press and hold your Home button until iOS force quits the stock app you have open. You’re done! No rocket science required.
Your iPhone’s Home button (this also works wonderfully on the iPad and iPod touch) should now be just as responsive as ever. Let us know if this tip worked for you in the comments below!
Kids nowadays are totally different from what kids used to be. We used to play with Legos, Playdoh etc, but the kids today play with all the high tech toys which we don’t even know existed when we are their age.
In a survey by Nielsenwire, the iPads, iPod Touches and iPhones are the top 3 things that kids aged 6-12 years wants these days. And I repeat myself, its 6-12 years old kids! This is the survey result:
The results for people older than 13 years of age looks like this:
The iPad also top the list with 24%!
So what would you wish for this Christmas? *There is a small chance that Santa will read your wish in the comments below!
If you miss the action yesterday, or don’t feel satisfied with only liveblog updates, you can head to apple.com for the full keynote video of the event! I personally think the siri demo is one of the best demo in years. Watch it for yourself.
Click on the link to catch the action!
For those who are ignorant people out there, a Switch event called the Switch99 is happening in Gurney Plaza right now. It is an event for the annual Switch World event. The rules of this event is very simple:
1. Spend Rm99 to buy a coupon. (only 50 coupons available daily in first come first serve basis)
2. Coupon make you eligible for a lucky draw.
3. Win some great prizes…though some prizes sucks!
4. One person from the daily 50 will be selected for the grand draw. (slightly better prizes)
5. That’s all!
The best part of the event is that the worst prize u can get from the draw is a Rm99 cash voucher + Switch Goodie bag.
But the best prize for the draw is only an iPod Touch. Only ONE unit to be won daily. That’s kinda disappointing! T.T
This is the list of prizes to be won daily for the 3 days:
– iPod Touch 8Gb x1
– iPod Shuffle x5
– Heartbeats by Lady Gaga x1
– Moshi Moshi Pop Phone x5
– iWalk Battery 1500mAh x8
– Sennheiser MX400 + RM50 cash voucher x10
– Capdase Charger + RM50 cash voucher x10
– Switch Goodie Bag + RM99 cash voucher x10
Grand Draw prizes:
– iPod Touch 32Gb x1
– Heartbeats by Lady Gaga x1
– iPod Nano 5th generation (video camera) x1
Anyway, I would suggest people to go to this event and expose yourself to some awesome gadgets from Apple!
For more info, click here. See you there! Hope I am the lucky guy to walk away with an iPod Touch!!!
*picture via nickchan.net
This guy just won the iPod Touch! One lucky b*****d!!!~LOL
On Sunday, the last day of switch99, one lady get 2 iPod Touch with rm99…How did she did that you ask?
She get one from the normal draw and got selected randomly for the Grand draw and get another iPod Touch 32GB from the Grand draw!!!OMG!!!…
Click here and here for the photos! One lucky aunty!!!