It is the 1st of March 2012 and we are all delighted with the fact that Apple has finally sent out official invitations to the iPad 3 event: “We have something you really have to see. And touch.” It will be happening in San Francisco at 10AM PST, on Wednesday, March 7 which will be around 2AM on the 8th of March in Malaysian time.
So what do we expect from the iPad 3 or whatever Apple is going to call it? (iPad 3 is a safe guess)
Apple will always be Apple with an awesome invitation with classy picture and catchy taglines which will tell you what you need to know and more if you really look into it.
Observed from the invitation Apple sent which looks like the diagram above, we can see that the home button is no where to be seen. According to Gizmodo, the iPad in the diagram is also positioned on a portrait mode with the icon spacing and the location of the icons. This proves that the home button is really not there. And the “And touch.” phrase in the invitation makes it clearer that the coming iPad will be WITHOUT a home button. Rumors for a home button-less iDevices is out there for awhile now and we think the iPad 3 will be highly possible to be the the 1st to accomplish that.
Other expectations to have for the next iPad based on reliable rumors are:
1. Retina Display screen with 2048×1536 pixel resolution, spotting 264ppi.
2. Better and faster processor. A A5X chip was leaked earlier this year.
3. Siri. Very high possibility as Apple is trying to make Siri the core component of their iDevices.
4. iOS 5.1. Apple is expected to release iOS 5.1 on the 9th of March and they might just put it into iPad3.
5. Pricing will be the same as the iPad 2 during it’s launch and the iPad3 might be available even days after the announcement.
6. Better camera. We are expecting a 8MP camera hoping to match the capabilities of the camera in iPhone 4S.
Other than all these, rumors expect that the Apple TV will also be announced on the same event and that is also very highly anticipated after so much rumors on how Apple is going to change the TV industry. Apart from that, it is also said that the Microsoft will also be in the event to talk about Office for iPad which in our opinion, will be a huge thing to look on to.
But the most uncertain thing of all, is the rumor of us getting a smaller and cheaper iPad which we shall call it the iPad Tini!!
We shall all wait and see what happens on the iPad event.
“We have something you really have to see. And touch.”
Share this with your friends and family!