To start off, the name for this device is pretty cool. Sony Xperia Ion! From the name itself, we can feel that it is a very stylish, razor sharp thin smartphone packing great specs internally and we are so right! This device from Sony looks beautiful and come packed with tons of great specs. And anyone will look cool with it on their hand. One more reason for the coolness of its name is the dropping of Ericsson from Sony Ericsson making it only Sony and it is way cooler than before.
The Sony Xperia Ion is just unveiled in the CES 2012 where the company finally decided to open up the curtain on the anticipated new device from Sony.
The very solid built device packed specs as below:
- 4.6-inch 1280×720 HD display
- 16GB of on board storage
- 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S3 processor
- Adreno 220 GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 12MP Exmor R camera (1080p video and Fast Capture technology)
- 1.3MP front camera (720p videos)
- PlayStation certified DLNA and BRAVIA Sync
- HDMI connectivity
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread ( Y U No Ice Cream Sandwich?)
Click here for the hands-on from Engadget.
This device is certainly a great device from Sony to compete with Samsung and Motorola. And Sony is doing it right.
Stay tune for the final wrap-up for all the highlights from CES 2012 once the CES 2012 is over.