The Sony Xperia ion unveiled earlier is not the only trick up Sony’s sleeve with the new Sony Xperia S unveiled in the CES 2012. The Xperia S shared most of the specs with the Xperia Ion except for a smaller display and the lack of LTE support.
Xperia S specs:
- 4.3-inch 1280×720 HD display (higher resolution compared to Ion due to smaller screen)
- 16GB of on board storage
- 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S3 processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 12MP Exmor R camera (1080p video and Fast Capture technology)
- 1.3MP front camera (720p videos)
- PlayStation certified DLNA and BRAVIA Sync
- HDMI connectivity
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread (ICS coming in the 2nd quarter of 2012, just bear with it!)
Generally, we like the Ion more than the S…but the S is nothing less than a good phone. And some might prefer how it looks compared to the Ion. One thing cool about this phone is the transparent notification bar below the screen. Hmm…but it seems abit pointless.
Share this with your friends by clicking on the share button below! Thank you for your support!